Disclaimer: Giveaway copy is courtesy of the kind people at The Short Story Advent Calendar, but I bought my own copy. I know one of the creators, Michael Hingston, and reviewed his novel The Dilettantes here.
Forgive me for talking about Christmas in early October, but the second edition of The Short Story Advent Calendar is on sale now, and I’m so excited to offer one copy to a lucky reader.
Last year, first The Short Story Advent Calendar was a sellout and a social media sensation, thanks to retweets from Patton Oswalt and Margaret Atwood. The SSAC is exactly what it sounds like, but more than the sum of its parts: individually bound short stories that you open every day from December 1 to 25. In addition to opening a little gift each morning, the creators post interviews and extras on their website to accompany each story, and you get to share your reaction with book people on the internet.
I went a bit further last year and made an “unboxing” video each morning. Check out the playlist here, and do subscribe, because I’ll be back at it again come December.
Here’s the giveaway announcement on YouTube, where I reveal my five favourite short stories from last year’s calendar. 2015 contributors included CanLit favs like Richard Van Camp, Vivek Shraya, and Heather Birrell; American big shots like Jess Walter, and even a couple dead white dudes, like F. Scott Fitzgerald.
This year, who knows what’s inside? Find out with me! Enter the giveaway by commenting (see “How to enter” below) or buy your copy at here – don’t wait too long, they ship in late October and they will sell out!
How to enter & other fine print
- To enter: tell me about your favourite short story or collection in the comments, and make sure your comment either includes your email address, or links to somewhere I can find it. Or email me at email@example.com and put SSAC in the subject line. (If you don’t have a favourite short story/collection, that’s okay! Just tell me how excited you are to start reading them, or something.)
- Rules and regulations:
- Contest is open till October 9, 2016.
- On October 10, I will randomly choose a winner. I will notify the winner by email and ask for their mailing address. If I don’t hear back in 48 hours, I’ll choose again.
- The winner’s calendar will ship in late October.
- The giveaway is open internationally, but can only ship to addresses in Canada, USA, Mexico, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, and the United Kingdom.