NYT By The Book Tag
I was so inspired by compiling my favourite Booktube channels that I made another contribution to my own. This is my very first “tag” video, which is kind of like Top Ten Tuesday except people do them for months or even years after they’re created. I like that. This one was created three months ago by Marie Berg and has spread like wildfire through the literary-inclined Booktube community.
Here are the tag questions:
1. What book is on your nightstand now?
2. What was the last truly great book that you read?
3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
5. How do you organize your personal library?
6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
10. What do you plan to read next?
Have you read Infinite Jest or is that your TBR shelf? What about Virginia Woolf for a classic female author? Just thinking about #Woolfalong.
Oh yeah I’ve read IJ. I was just thinking about Virigina Woolf. I may go with that. You can’t go wrong with Woolf. I’ve also been considering Jean Rhys, who I’ve never read.
Jean Rhys would be a great choice too!
I’m disappointed you aren’t feeling Rush Oh! – I’ve been wanting to read that one. I have to admit, though, that I always want to read books that have whales on the cover. Also, trees. And turtles.
Misery + funny = Yes!!
I dunno, it just didn’t do it for me. It seemed like it was going to a very light, romance type book, and I’m not in the mood for that. It is gorgeous though!