I’m reading 35 books this year, as you may recall. I made a video about the first six.
- Asking For It by Lilah Pace, as recommended on Book Riot
- The Hunter and the Wild Girl by Pauline Holdstock, with thanks to Goose Lane Editions
- The Outside Circle by Patti Laboucane-Benson
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang
- Mislaid by Nell Zink
- In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
The first six of the year were a bit of a bust. The Vegetarian blew me away at first, but hasn’t stuck with me. Since then, I’ve read two phenomenal books, which you will hear more about soon: Birdie by Tracey Lindberg and Cat’s Eye by Margaret Atwood.